Attendees : Srijan, Garima, Rashi, Prema, Aparajita, Sridhar,
Skype: Binay, Sridhar, Latha
- This time, we did calculations in dollar amount. We did in rupees in the past years
- Amar Seva Sangam – Is it still star project? If it is converted, then we should change the name to reflect that so it is clear when budgetting
- Do you know if expected 2015 budget covers the amount that is regular amount + carryover? Can we check that for Astha?G
- Avehi is requesting more funds, so Binay proposed that they contact silicon valley chapter. We should look at increasing funding if we can
- Betsy Elizabeth looks ok
- Bharathi Trust – Senchiamma School – Expected $6000, actual $3000 for 2015
- How do we know what is a recurring component. We are losing that information as we create new approval every year.
Action item : We should capture that as part of meeting minutes or project database
- Bhoomiheen – ok
- Center for Learning – Last check sent in 2013. We sent money in 2014. Did we officially close this project?
Action item : We should bring it back to the chapter meeting for deciding if we want to close the project
- CMS – expected 70,000, actual: 21,790 + 42,189 in 2016 – expected will be around 42,000
- Delhi 10% - not active.
- Dhrupad Sansthan – expected $23,200, actual 2015 - $0 and 2016 – sent $20,400. So expected for 2016 is $20,400
- Each one, teach one – closed
- Ravi Aluganti – closed
- GKVDS – still following up on it to decide if we are going to close it.
- GRAVIS – climb specific project so expected amount is $50,000
- Gyandeep Vidayalaya – did we officially close it ?
Action item : check if project is closed
- Kiran Anjali project – need to change the name. Sridhar plans to do site visit. Actual amount sent in 2015 $7500, expected 2016 - $7000.
Action item : site visit updated in 2015
- ISC – expected $19341.
- VIgyan Ashram – Expected 82,000 for 2016
- Jagriti Bal Vikas Samiti – not sure if this project is still active? Last check sent in 2014.
Action item : Binay to follow up
- Janaseva Mandal – ok. Expected $28,000
- Jeevan Gnanodaya – closing the project (meeting minutes from sept 02,2015)
Action item : We should bring this up in chapter meeting
- Learning network – we are not supporting for a long time now. Last check sent in 2009
- Mallarpur Uthnau - expected for 2016 19,000
- MICDA – expected 2016 - $10,000. 2015 amount to be sent so far in 2016 - $19,451.
Action item : We should follow up with steward to figure out if we can send only $10,000 or if we need to send the backlog
- Muskaan – $40,000 for 2016
- Adruta – ok. $50,000 for 2016
- Rishi valley – star project. We sent the money in Nov 2015.
Action item : Garima follow up to see if we had any additional donations for Rishi valley and to remove it from budgeting
- Rural Development Trust – expected 2015 - $50,000, actual we sent : $25,000. Expected for 2016 : $50,000
Action item : Follow up with steward to see if we are consistently missing sending a check and if should play catchup
- Shastri school – closed as of 9/17/2014 meeting minutes
- Sivasri Charitable trust – Sikshana – Expected 2015 : 38,597, actual sent in 2015 : 19,400. Expected: 40,000
Action item : Follow up with Sudhi to see why there is a descrepancy
- Door Step School – last check sent in 2012. Waiting for FCRA to be sorted out.
Action item : CHeck FCRA status. We need to sent 2015 and 2016 funds to this project and we need to find a project steward to transition this project from Vidyanand
Expected amount : $24,000
- Project WHY – expected 2015 $14,500, actual : 31,200. Expected 2016 : 16,000
- Sai Seva Sadan – Expected $20,000
- Welfare trust of sienna – closed
- Sumavanam – Expected for 2016 : 10000
Actual 2015 : 3200, sent : 14,600 (sent for two years)
Action item : double check the budget for expected amount for 2016
- Support – closed
- Heamophelia – closed
- Tomorrow's foundation closed
- Balavihar - $6000 – expected for 2016
- V-Excel – expected 2015 – 34,000 , actual: 16,800. Expected for 2016 : $34,000
- Sakshar – closed
- Vikasana Rural Center for Education – expected for 2015: $8,000. Expected for 2016 : $8000
- Vikasana Bridge school – expected for 2016: $14,000
- Teach for India – We sent in 2014, sent as Asha Star project
Action item : website needs to be updated with steward info. Not sure if we brought it back to make it regular project
- SHED : expected for 2016: 10,000
- KIGS : expected for 2016: 34,000
- Digantar : sent $39,000 in 2015. Prashant plans to bring it back in 2016 to make it a regular project.
- Chennai Relief funds :
- Total project disbursement for : $10,04,000
- Closing balance : $1,415,534
- Total income for 2015 : $702040
- 2015 : expected was 775,722 and disbursed 639506 and $99,000 this year for 2015
- General expenses : $2000
- Closing balance for 2016 : 1,111,574 if we manage to raise 702,040 this year also
- Last year we tried to hit 1.25 at central level. WCR is 1.5
- If we want to maintain WCR of 1.25, working backwards, we need to be at closing balance of 10,65,000
- How many people want to have WCR of 1.25 or more?
Yes : 5
Abstain : 0
- So target closing balance comes to 10,65,000
- Estimated expenditure is 8,52,000, out of this $2000 is general expenditure
- Remaining funds = Target Closing balance – Estimated expenditure = $213000
Out of this, we fund one time funding projects and recurring funding increase
- Consumer price inflation is between 4%-5% in India
- Proposal : Upto 10% increase to existing recurring projects (42,500) and 50,000 for recurring new projects and rest 120,500 for one-time funding new or existing projects.
This page has no comments.