Attendees : Mohit, Raga, Ranga, Arvind Rao, Kapil
Mathru Foundation update - Arvind
- The needs are to the tune of Rs 10 Lakhs. We are going to be a small portion.
- Arvind to write a letter approving the re-use of funds for items to buy for the new building. We will get the specifics when we get the next 6 month expense report.
- April 17th is house warming of the new building.
- Action items :
- Follow up on CSR with Padmanava, Vinod, and Malathiji.
- Audit Report for Mathru for 2014-15.
Website - Raga
- Things to do
- Clean up broken links and pictures.
- Look at the Older website and use that as template
- Link to Meeting Minutes in Wiki
- Link to previous projects and events
REWARD Trust Discussion - Ranga
- The idea is to sponsor teachers in government schools to decrease the student : teacher ratio
- The idea is great but Asha Austin's vision is to sponsor new initiatives - either new projects to Asha network OR new initiatives by existing partners.
- We are planning to dedicate resources/funds for taking up another project this year.
Past Projects Discussion - Ranga
- Ranga brought up the topic of transferring past projects to other Chapters
- He has contacts Asha NYC and SV for KWS but has not heard back.
- Action items :
- Mohit : Ping Geethapriya for PJ. Is she planning to put it up at San Diego ?
- Ranga :
- Put up KWS on Projects Proposal pages.
- Contact NYC Chapter and send them the proposal.
- Arvind Rao : Call ASV - Vallabh
GSK - Girirajpura Update - Mohit
- Mohit shared the report from Kilol 2016
- Gramin Shiksha Kendra (GSK) held their Annual Function - Kilol 2016 in Jan. They have been doing this for several years. Last year it was in Girirajpura, where they established a new school, which as you all know Asha Austin is supporting.
- This year they chose a Senior Secondary Government School in Lahsoda, a village south of Ramthambore National Tiger Reserve. Unlike previous years, when they have organized Kilol in GSK schools, this year they chose a Government school in Lahsoda (where no GSK school exists) to create buzz about GSK & its teaching methods and to demonstrate and encourage community members to improve overall quality of education at government schools.
- Some highlights
- Sports activities, Exhibition matches
- 6 exhibition rooms focused on Arts, Crafts, Science, Language & Reading
- Attended by an estimated 3000 adults & children.
- Attended by 60 teachers from 19 Govt. schools
New Project Discussion - Ranga
- We are thinking of putting together a contest of sorts - on a similar theme as Standford.
- Some criteria proposed by Ranga
- New to Asha Network OR New initiative by existing partner
- Reward Grant of $30k for 3 years.
- Ranga will put together more details and a poster
- Proposed deadline to be April 30th. We will review and Declare results on May 31st.
- Will use Facebook and our website to publicise.
This page has no comments.