|2 hrs||KWS Annual Review, Budget and Proposal for 2017-18 (Part 2)||Ranga|
|45 min||Mathru Budget and Proposal for 2017-18 (Part 1)||Arvind|
Number of kids have increased this year from 12 to 17 kids
1. Presented updates where kids participated in various Sports and Competitions
2. 6.5 lacs was raised from event/competition by Mathru foundation locally in Bangalore.
3. Need to ask Malathiji if she is ok with showing surgery pictures.
4. Milaap foundation did a promotional video for Mathru foundation which is going to be used for WAH publicity.
5. Need to ask Malathiji about the breakup of 75k - donors - type of donation - restricted vs. unrestricted.
6. Had a discussion about Surgeries for the kids, how often are these surgeries, and checkups.Typically there is an initial surgery after checkup, but multiple surgeries are possible depending on the complexity.
7. 3 kids had surgery last year.
8. Discussion on budget: Breakup of 6000 per kid per month : 3000 for food, 1500 -> education, 1500 -> medical
9. Budget discussion: Staff salaries as per Fund utilization
10. Follow-up with Malathiji: Request for Audit report for 2016-17 for previous year
11. Budget discussion: Breakup needed of salaries - 49.5k .
12. Who are the new staff this time? 2 Physiotherapists + 1 more helper
13. Discussion about the need for us to 'Review of Audit Reports' so that we get a sense of annual operating plan for Mathru.
14. Question on Surgery: Is Rs.1500 enough? How expensive are these surgeries.
15. Budget discussion: 75k per month for this year in recurring donations with 55k stable. Total at 1.71 lacs per month. Shortfall 95k which is where 'asha for education' will pitch in.
16. What is 1500 for education? PU college might be more expensive. Need to know rough costs for college education vs govt. school expenses.
17. When is the next set of new students expected? Malathiji was expecting new students early August. Have any new kids joined?
18. Discussion about space in Mathru. Currently, second floor not used much. Over time Malathiji has plans to have girl children in separate floor.
19. Continuing discussion about the building: 1st floor - using actively, 2nd floor - not used much; 3rd floor - open for now.
20. Question on whether new staff planning to stay there?
21. Discussion on what is provided at the foundation: breakfast - lunch - dinner - evening snacks
22. Kids take lunch to school.
23. Driver drops them - mornings and evenings, most of them not too far away
24. Discussion about how far are the schools in the new building. During my site visit malathiji said the schools are nearby
25. how often do their parents visit them? - some come and not all of them come.
26. kid with cerebral palsy + spastic - government school - are they ok because they need special care. Malathiji (during my site visit mentioned) believes that she doesn’t want the kids to go special school as she doesn't want them to feel different.
27. Question: There is a mix of disabilities - physical and mental. How sensitized are the kids to each others needs?
29. Discussion on some kids going to Indus International Community School . Couple of kids with Cerebral palsy are going to this school. Is this school specific to disabilities, looking at the website shows it is not specific for disabilities . So, are the kids with Cerebral palsy doing ok?
30. Discussion about calling the community school and ensure kids are going to these schools.
31. nominate online for WAH 2017 - online vote - quorum needed
- @Rangakrishnan Srinivasan (online poll for voting of KWS for approval of funding for 2017-18)
- Online Vote : Approve Rs. 11.26 Lakhs as budget for 2017-18 from April 2017 to March 2018. This will be disbursed in two equal installments (April to September 2017) and (October to March 2018). The funding will cover ~68% of the salaries of new initiatives staff - namely, the music teacher, dance teacher, yoga teacher, computer teacher, pottery instructor, occupational therapist, speech therapist and physiotherapist.
- RESULTS (LINK):
This page has no comments.