Contents

Meeting minutes:

Date: 2/5/2014
Venue: Cohen Room, Statistics Building, UGA
Time: 6 to 7pm

Attendees: Alka Kumar, Abhyuday Mandal, Anuj Sharma, Sherry Abraham, Siva Venkatachalam, Shivani Vakharia, Arjun Patel, Anagha Kadambi

  1. Abhyuday discussed Asha for Education policies and went over some projects in details. We also discussed about the upcoming ARC proposal. He requested Asha central to provide us with our share of general funds. We got around 8000 USD.
  2. In December 2013, Abhyuday visited the Narendrapur Ramakrishna Mission Book Bank project http://www.ashanet.org/projects/project-view.php?p=839.
  3. We will release 2500 USD to our Saragachi Book Bank project http://www.ashanet.org/projects/project-view.php?p=1153. Abhyuday spoke to the project partner at length. Athens will request for three UTI laptops to be donated to this project.
  4. In November/December 2013, Akshay visited Sandnya Sanwardhan Sanstha http://www.ashanet.org/projects/project-view.php?p=686. During the meeting Akshay called us from Boston and described his experience. He strongly recommended supporting this project. We approved sending 10000 USD to this project. Out of this approximately 2000 USD will be given to Atanta from our admin funds (next point).
  5. Atlanta has a huge deficit of admin funds and Athens has it in excess. We will be sending 2000 USD to Atlanta from our admin funds. In exchange, Atlanta will send funds to our SSS project.
  6. We will send USD 500 to Kalyania - Prayas Centre project http://www.ashanet.org/projects/project-view.php?p=896. This project is currently funded by Atlanta. Abhyuday visited them in December 2013. We will request for 10 UTI laptops to be donated to this project.
  7. Asha central is discussing the change of policy for splitting the general funds, and also about the zero overhead policy. We will try to disburse as much funds as possible. Asha LA funds are with Athens now, and those will be disbursed as the project stewards create disbursement checklists.
  8. We discussed the possibility of funding a new project in Gujrat. We will discuss more about it in our next meetings.
  9. We discussed our plan for upcoming fundraising events. We also discussed how to use UGA money efficiently.

For all the above points, the vote was

Yes - 8
No - 0
Abstain - 0

  • No labels

This page has no comments.