Venue: Cohen Room, Department of Statistics, UGA
Time: 7 to 8pm
Members present - Abhyuday Mandal, Siva Venkata, Anuj Sharma, Aekta Patel, Debkanta Chakrabarty (Natalia Shim and Anagha Kadambi voted over email)
- Update on fundraising and awareness events:
1. October 13th, 2016: Asha Garba Night (Memorial Ballroom at 7pm)- Admission: $5 - Devaki to prepare Samosas
2. October 15th, 2016: Concession Stand (Sanford Stadium- Time: TBA)
3. October 26th, 2016: Driving with Selvi Screening (Location: TBA)
We will be going to Downtown Academy this Tuesday (9/20) and Thursday (9/22) from 3-4:30pm to help out sort books for their new library. This is in continuation of our VUGA Grant Project with First Book UGA..
- Projects funding:
- Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama Sargachi: http://www.ashanet.org/projects/project-view.php?p=1153 : Ajoy Saha visited the project and is in regular contact with the project partner. He informed Abhyuday about the progress of the project. This project has been selected for WAH2016 as well. The solar project is of particular interest. The chapter approved INR 12,00,000 to support book bank, coaching institute for students and vocational training program for the village youth, and for the student exchange program between IIT Jodhpur and RKMA Sargachi, and other operating expenses, for the period April 2016 to March 2017.
- Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama Narendrapur - Book Bank: http://www.ashanet.org/projects/project-view.php?p=839 : Abhyuday visits this project regularly. This project is making good progress. The chapter approved INR 7,00,000 to cover the cost of Spoken English courses and admission fees, purchase bicycles and school uniforms, as well as cost of purchasing books, educational materials and other materials of the book bank, and other operating expenses, for the period May 2016 to April 2017. This amount is less that earlier years, since we want to support the Bus project of Sandnya.
- Sandnya Sanwardhan Sanstha: http://www.ashanet.org/projects/project-view.php?p=686 : Abhyuday is mentoring Portland chapter, who would also like to support this project. Asha central gave 10,000 USD as the seed money for this Portland chapter, most of which will go towards this project. The chapter approved INR 26,00,000 to cover the cost of construction of wheelchair accessible special bus. Rupa will try to raise the remaining funds from different charitable organizations within India.
For all three projects, we have
This page has no comments.