Venue: Cohen Room, Department of Statistics, UGA
Time: 7 to 8:30pm
Members present - Abhyuday Mandal, Vinay Kumar, Natalia Shim, Aekta Patel, Debkanta Chakraborthy, Ruchir Mishra, Arunava Samddar, Kuhelika De, Sanjukta Das, Karan Sharma
- Members Introduction: Welcome the new volunteers.
- Overview of Asha for Education: Asha for Education is a non-profit organization that helps under-privileged children with special focus on education. There are many chapters across USA and Europe. Many of them are associated with universities. Seattle and Silicon Valley are the biggest chapters in USA that are not associated with specific universities. There is one central account where all the raised dollars go. From there, funds are released to India as and when required. Cheques are accepted. Credit card transactions are accepted but we need to have a SQUARE device with smartphone.
- Future Events:
- Coffee hour (collaboration between ISA and ISL). Poster to be submitted (Debkanta is responsible)
- Volleyball Tournament : Oct 10th 2015 in Ramsey Center from 11:00am to 1:00pm. ($3 participation fee, food and refreshments are provided). Contact Aekta for more details (email@example.com)
- Garba Night: Oct 22nd 2015 in Tate Grand Hall at 7:00 pm (volunteers are welcome). Contact Aekta for more details (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Percentage Night: November (TBA)
- Project Funding: Four projects of Athens have been discussed at length. Funds will be released for Sandnya Sanwardhan Sanstha (https://www.ashanet.org/projects/project-view.php?p=686) for their recurring expenses. For Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama Narendrapur - Book Bank project (http://www.ashanet.org/projects/project-view.php?p=839), funds will be released for distributing bicycles and running the special program at their Commercial Institute as well - this includes purchasing one laptop, one multimedia projector and one small public address system with two mobile microphone. For Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama Sargachi (http://www.ashanet.org/projects/project-view.php?p=1153), apart from the vocational training program, scholarships will be given to IIT students for developing a program involving electrical and solar domains. Asha volunteer Ajoy Saha will supervise it. Kalyania Prayas Center (https://www.ashanet.org/projects/project-view.php?p=896) has been nominated by Atlanta chapter for WAH2015. Additional funds will be released for running the Suhasini Sishu Niketan, the Nurse and Aya training and Sewing Centers. The volunteers unanimously approved 6.5 lakhs for each of the projects, but Abhyuday will check the availability of funds as well as the exact need before submitting the checklist.
This page has no comments.