Contents

Date:

Venue: Room 434, Brooks Hall, Department of Statistics, UGA

Time: 6:30pm to 8:15pm

Members present -

  1. Abhyuday Mandal,
  2. Debkanta Chakrabarty,
  3. Srinivasa Muralidhara,
  4. Devaki Muralidhara,
  5. Subham Das
  6. Anuja Sarda


Discussion points:

  • Projects funding: 

    • Sandnya Sanwardhan Sanstha: http://ashanet.org/project/?pid=686
      We discussed about the bus project. Abhyuday had a phone conversation with Navin Sir recently. We agreed to send INR 7,00,000 later in 2018. The budget link and other details will be added to the minutes later. 2017 WAH money will be given to the Portland chapter later this year. NYC/NJ should also support this project.
    • Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama Sargachi:http://ashanet.org/project/?pid=1153
      We agreed to send INR 20,00,000. Anuja was supposed to visit the project but she cannot go to India this summer. Abhyuday will contact Sayani Roy Chowdhuri to see if she can do the site visit. Ajoy Saha will contact the project partner for more details. The budget link and other details will be added to the minutes later.
    • Kalyania Prayas Center:http://ashanet.org/project/?pid=896
      We discussed about the project. Abhyuday did the site visit in December 2017. Anish visited in January 2018. We agreed to send INR 7,00,000 later in 2018. The budget link and other details will be added to the minutes later. Atlanta and NYC/NJ should also support this project.
      Updates: Atlanta sent 8 lakhs and NYC/NJ decided to fund only 7.7 lakhs, so Athens will fund the remaining, which is equal to ~= (1584000 - 800000 - 770000) = 14000 for https://ashadocserver.s3.amazonaws.com/896_Budget_2018_19.pdf and we also fund 1.3 lakhs for https://ashadocserver.s3.amazonaws.com/896_Budget_amended_2018_19.pdf - these two together make it 1.30+.14 = 1.44 lakhs. This amount is less than what was approved (7 lakhs).
    • Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama Narendrapur - Book Bank: http://ashanet.org/project/?pid=839
      We discussed about the project. Abhyuday did the site visit in December 2017. We agreed to send INR 7,00,000 later in 2018. We had some comments about the budget. Abhyuday will ask for details from the project partner. VCDP project admission fees will not be covered by us. The budget link and other details will be added to the minutes later.
  • ARC proposals:
    ARC proposals were discussed. Abhyuday will submit the votes shortly. Based on the discussion, the chapter decided to vote No for Snetu as the secretary. We felt that Sailaja would be better suited as a BoD for that team. Debkanta met several of the central team members during the last conference.
  • No labels

This page has no comments.