|SSS Project funding||Vibha|
- Vibha gave a background about this project in Patna, Bihar.
- Funding request is in 2 parts:
- $50000 specific donation from one donor to create a corpus account for higher education of students.
- The main discussion regarding this was how we can support this funding that aligns with Asha's
- This may need to be made as a separate project, with dedicated project proposal.
- No votes taken for funding for this amount. Will have a separate meeting once the above is clarified.
~$8000 (INR 488000) ~$8257 (INR 545000) for 1 month's operating expenses for 365 students (this includes clothes, computer, labs, books, furniture, rent, boarding, utilities).
- Vote on funding INR
488000 545000 - 8 Yes, 1 Abstain.
- 11/16/15 update: modified disbursement amount to be close to the budgeted amount at the beginning of 2015 and also accounting for the current exchange rate.
- One discussion point that was raised was that this is a sustaining/recurring type of funding and if there are ways in which we could be supported going forward so that there are funds available to start supporting newer projects. This was tabled for discussion at a later meeting.
- Site visit was done by Give India volunteer in Aug 2015 and is documented here.