Attendees - Arvind R., Murali, Ranga, Mohit & Bharath
- Address Change required for AfE to be auditable #* Bharath has updated the website.
- Question was raised about closing the existing PO Box.
- Current consensus is - PO Box can be kept open. When the checks get low in number (say 5 a month), we can inform Donors through mail.
- Changes to FCRA. #* FCRA is not permanent anymore. It will have to be renewed by NGO every 5 years.
- All old FCRAs are expiring on April 2016. NGOs have to apply for renewal 6 months in advance (Nov 2015).
- For more information, see the link - http://wiki.ashanet.org/display/projects/FCRA+Guidelines
- Mathru Foundation (Arvind Rao is local contact) - #* Website - http://www.mathrufoundation.org/
- Home for Physically Challenged Children
- Houses about 20+ Children between Age 12-20.
- Located in Bangalore (Easy to visit)
- Have FCRA clearance.
- Run by Malathi Holla (Talk at India Inclusion Summit)
- Expectation from Asha Chapter - Support 5-6 special kids for 1-2 years.
- Questions - #** What other organizations are supporting them ?
- What is their annual budget ?
- Actions - #** Arvind R is going to get more details from Malathi
- Girirajpura School, Tonk, Rajasthan (Mohit is local contact)#* Mohit had forwarded a 2-pager that Murali had sent. It gives a background on the project and a budget
- This school is for a displaced community. They were moved by the Forest department from Ranthambore Reserve.
- This school will be run by GSK.
- Right now there are 55 children in the village. Next few years, there will be 200-250 children, as 250-300 families overall get relocated to this village.
- Budget is around 5 Lakhs right now. (Asha Austin may not be able to support the entire project.)
- Questions - #** How many govt. and private schools are in the neighborhood ? It was mentioned that there is an elementary school and a private school 4km from the village.
- The current budget is for 2 teachers and school supplies. How many children are anticipated to come to the school in near term and long term ?
- The brief mentions that this school will be a resource center for 20-25 Govt. schools. Is that a separate parallel initiative ?
- Actions - #** Mohit to find out more via Murali and Manish
- We all re-iterated our Asha Austin vision. #* We will start with 3 projects with budget around $5K, and commit for 3 years (conditional to a site-visit in the first year).
- While we are evaluating the above two projects, we can continue to consider more projects.
- We can make a decision about a project, once the chapter is comfortable.
- Other Actions
- #* Chapter status has been on hold. Bharath and Mohit to inform Asha Central about the current status.
- Meetings #* Next meeting will be two weeks from now on Sept 21st.
- It will be a conference call.
- Agenda - #** Discuss Available Funds.
- Discuss Fundraising ideas.
- Updates from the above two projects.
- Monthly meetings on First Sundays will be in-person at RMHC.
This page has no comments.