Attendees: Jasmine, Jyoti, Prema, Sridhar Dhandapanthula, Sridhar Madhugiri, Prashant Nema, Aparajita, Binay, Vish
Topic 1 : Team Asha climb program
Presenter : Jasmine
- We take about 20 people up to climb Rainier. People who sign up raise funds for Asha. Half of the funds raised go towards GRAVIS project
- Volunteer run + hire another guide company
- Sandeep Nain organized that effort. Year before last, he started his company Miyar.
- Since last year, we only go through Miyar, as we do not have enough volunteers to lead the climb program
- Cost per person is $1000 (from Asha to Miyar)
- This time, they added Emmons route and added an extra day. So the cost of the climb went up to $1100 and it includes Baker and Rainier
- Can we make admin fee low like $300 and pay the remaining admin fee from our admin pool?
- Voting :
- All in favor of paying $1100 per person to Miyar as cost of the climb, for utmost 20 climbers? Some % of the funds raised will go towards this admin funds
- All in favor of each climber paying at least $600 to pay upfront?
TOPIC 2: Borderless World Foundation
Presenter : Sridhar Dhandapanthula
- Adhik Kadam visited us last year and talked about this project - orphanage for girls
- Three projects he is looking for support
- Project 1: Construction of home (200 sqft) - 1.40 crore INR estimate
- Land is already purchased.
- Asha Stanford is raising financial support and looking for partners to raise complete funding
- Question: Building a nice building in a community like that, will it make it standout and make it a prime target for attacks?
- Question : How much is Asha Stanford is supporting ?
- Are they getting any other funding ?
- What is the gap/deficit he is projecting and how much his fundraising will be, so we can cover the remaining amount?
- Can you get site visit report from Asha Stanford and present it ? ( Whatever is the latest) When is the next site visit planned for?
- Project 2a : Women's business center
- 20-25 lakhs INR to support 3000-5000 ladies
- They will provide vocational training
- Every month approximately 3000-5000 ladies can take benefit as a customer and 100+ ladies can take/partner a small scale business with the business center
- Project 2b: emergency medical units
- 20-25 lakhs to support one ambulance.
- They already have 8 ambulances but only 4 are equipped.
- 9 lakhs to add all the medical equipment
- Question : Is he looking for ambulance which costs 20-25 lakhs or looking for supporting 4 ambulances?
- Project 3: Computer lab
- 30-40K per computer
- Each lab will have 25-50 computers . Each lab will have at least two teachers.
- Sridhar will come back to the chapter after budget approval
TOPIC 3: Vigyan Ashram INDUSA funding Proposal Amendment
Presenter : Jyoti Gawade
- KKB Family trust is giving 25000 USD(15 lakhs to 16.75 lakhs INR) to Asha to be donated to Vigyan Ashram
- 50,000 INR to be spent on building a library
- Kishan Bhatia, trust owner is publishing a book (ebook) and he wants VA to help with that and he wants to use INR 1 Lakh towards publishing costs. The rights will go towards VA after its published.
- Remaining 13,50,000 - 15,25000 will go towards building construction. They will have to raise the remaining money out of 27,03,000
- Everyone in favor of sending to Vigyan Ashram the amount of USD 25,000 for the funding period of donated by KKB Trust. The funds will be utilized in the above mentioned manner
Presenter : Binay
- Should we merge both groups given that there is not much email volume going on?
- Redundant groups is hard to manage, confusing
- Asha-seattle-join needs approval before message is posted
- All in favor of merging the yahoo groups?
TOPIC 5: ARC (Asha Representative Committee) Proposal for supporting Mid-Day meal petition as an organization
Presenter : Binay
- Mid-day meal program has a huge impact and it is in Govt schools
- Content is not clear in the proposal
- After the content is improved based on chapter's feedback, Are we in support, as an organization to endorse funding for Mid-Day meal?
- Feeback :
- Everyone in Govt. School should get it
- Quality should not go down
- Program should expand to other places like colleges.
- Inflation should be taken care of.
- All in favor of Asha signing this petition as an organization
This page has no comments.