Holi at Kiwanis Park, Tempe on Sunday, March 4th 2018
What did we do well?
- We were able to book a table at the Goshala Holi 2018 event well in advance for 150 $.
- We set up the table, put up banners at the table, printed flyers with chapter info.
- We identified items to sell about 3 weeks prior to the event
- We bought the items to sell well in advance this time, to avoid purchasing things on the last day
- Came up with a new game idea for the event day- Spin the wheel - prizes were coupons that we got from different sponsors
At the event:
- Sold about 75 sunglasses @ $3 each and $5 for two, 200 car seat covers @ $1 for two covers. The car seat cover idea was a success and a lot of people at the event appreciated it.
- Set up a photo booth next to the Asha table- this was an option on the Spin the wheel pie.
- Set up the "Spin the Wheel" game - gave away some prizes and coupons
- Sold T-shirts @ $10 dollars each
- Got some sizeable donations - largest donation was $200
- Sold jewelry - Earrings were sold at $15 each
Overall , the event was a great success and we raised ~800 dollars at the event (not including the expenses incurred for the purchase of the items).
What should we have done better?
- More effort in promoting Asha AZ at the event
- Lack of attendee participation at the booth
- Better ideas to sell items at the booth
Things to think about:
Are we doing this again?
How do we engage more people ?
Is it a good idea to shadow another big charity organization like Goshala?