| || || || |
|Chapter Funds All|
Kedar is working on the website and needs information on all the different projects. All the project owners were requested to share all the recont info with Kedar(documents, link to material). Priya will send the links to material already posted on Asha wiki page. Aneetha and Priya offered time to complete the website as Kedar needs it. The website needs to be completed by November for the chapter to exists according to the new ARC cycle 2 proposal.
Kedar needs information on projects.
| ||Pudiyador||Aneetha|| |
| ||ARC Proposals :|| |
Group discussed all the ARC proposals. The general perception in the chapter is that more power seems to be moving towards the central from individual chapters. The new proposed changes are more in favor of bigger chapter and the concerns of smaller chapters is not being heard.
- Raising Quorum :
- We need to let central know that it is not feasible for us to have 6 votes for every project approval considering how small our chapter is. Need to possibly team up with other small chapters like Asha Toledo to explain central the concerns that a small chapter has.
- Internal Audit Committee Reform
- We recommend the audit committee having more members from the treasury committee than board of directors.
- We would like to understand why making the reports public is at the discretion of the board of directors.
- Collecting Input Metrics annually from all Asha Projects
- The Inputs metrics is a very long list and manually putting it together by pulling information from a lot of other documents seems inefficient.
- We thing about 30% of the listed metrics shouls be mandatory and could be made as part of a project proposal and the rest in a good to have list.
- Chapter Lifecycle Criteria and Non-Compliance Reform
- We would like to see the 'Roles and Responsibilities Agreement' to be part of the ARC proposal.
- All the new requirements is adding a lot of administrative overload and we like to see central work with small chapters like us to come up with creative ideas on how to handle these.
- The deadline for submitting comments on the four proposals is 15 August.
- Aneetha says we are being treated the way minorities are often treated. We need to establish a dialog with Central. We should stand up to Central, push back. Jim is glad to hear someone else say that the Asha ideal of flat organization is being eroded.
- Other discussion about the proposals:
- We should reach out to Toledo, another small chapter that shares some of our opinions on the proposals.
- An ARC email id exists.
- The Input Metrics “should be a nice-to-have,” not a requirement. There should a spreadsheet or something to ease the reporting. Some projects do not have clerical capacity to report the information requested.