April 17, 2018
Navneet, Karan, Riti, Sohela, Jacob and Sarvam
Focus on recruiting volunteers - The University Coordinators are going to be spreading the word across campus and holding an informational session once the school year is running
- Looking at list of Indian cultural events in Michigan
- $300 booth for India Day on August 18, 2018 - One table, two chairs - How do we get funding so we can have booth? Starting with $0.
Have a meeting with potential volunteers during the summer to find out what they want to see from Asha and what are some ways we can raise money
- This will be an online meeting - Figure out a way to meet with individuals
- Each board member is going through the projects and picking one. Board will vote and bring it down from 5 to 2.
During the first year, goal is to have restaurant fundraisers + one big event. Would like to set up donation boxes.
- Work with University of Michigan, Wayne State and Michigan State University - collaborate to do a event
- List of restaurants for fundraising - Blaze Pizza, Panera Bread, Panda Express, Chipotle, Harper’s
Idea: Host a Education Conference where we talk about our Asha for Education experiences, the goal of Asha for Education and the goal of promoting education worldwide